WFGA Plein Aire Paint Out
Sunday, April 30th Joyner Park check in 4pm
This is during the Wake Forest Arts Six Sundays music event
Bring your portable art stuff, walk the grounds, find you views, and do art outside!!!
Bring your whole family…they can stay for the music. A wonderful relaxed atmosphere in a beautiful park.
Please check in at the WFGA tent. This is a great community outreach for the artists.
We will also have a fan favorite vote.
Event will cancel if inclement weather.
Renaissance Centre Rotating Show
Our current exhibit “North Carolina” looks great! Please lookforward to our next rotations and reserve your spot!
The new renovated space has generous hanging systems so we will be able to accommodate up to 5 artists per show with 5 paintings each. Email email@example.com to rsvp.
- There will be signage with artists’s name – artist cards will be avail in lobby
- All art must be ready to be hung – Wire back preferred.
- Themes are open to interpretation but are meant to keep some cohesion through exhibit.
- For 3D /jewelry artists, there will be a case available…please contact Jeanne Steck firstname.lastname@example.org
- Artists must be responsible for their own drop off and pick up. The RC can not store art.
- The Renaissance Centre is a mix use facility hosting business, entertainment, and community functions. The Centre has the right to refuse any works they deem not appropriate for the public space.
- Artists are asked to volunteer to help install a show…NOT their own please.
Schedule to date (subject to change)
May 5th – July 15th
May 5th: Pick Up March-May Art and Drop Off May-July art 10am – 3pm
July 17th – Sept 8th
July 15th Pick Up May-July art at WFGA Showcase set up 11am -12pm
July 16th Set up July-Sept art After WFGA Showcase 4pm-5pm
Last show of 2017
Sept 8th – Nov 11
Theme: Autumn Seasonal
Sept 8th Pick Up July-Sept Art and Drop Off Sept-Nov art 10am -3pm
Pick Up Sept-Nov art Nov 11th 11am – 12pm at WFGA Show & Sale Set up
Call for Artists: Mad Hatters Tea Party and Artist & Garden Tour
Saturday, May 13, 2017, 10am – 4pm
Artist and Garden Tour presented by the Wake Forest Garden Club in partnership with Wake Forest Arts and the Wake Forest Guild of Artists.
This is an opportunity for 10 or more local artists and artisans to show and sell in local gardens during the Wake Forest Garden Club’s Artist & Garden Tour. The tour is held in conjunction with the Club’s Mad Hatter Tea Party and Classic Car Show held at the Wake Forest Historical Museum.
APPLICATION AND ACCEPTANCE PROCESS
Interested artists and artisans should email the Event Committee with intent to participate by February 15, 2017. email@example.com
- Include 3 high–quality digital images of representative work (may be used for publicity)
- Event Steering Committee will select artists/artisans
- Garden-theme is preferred
- Wake Forest Garden Club and Wake Forest Guild of Artists participants will be given first priority. www.wakeforestguild.com
- Artists/artisans will be notified by March 15, 2017
- If selected, you will receive a PayPal invoice for the $20 fee which must be paid with 10 days to confirm participation
SET UP AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Set-up will vary depending on the garden.
- Rain or shine event. Some gardens may have weather protection. Some may allow white canopies
- Participant will supply his/her own display equipment
- Artists/Artisans are expected to be on the property for the duration of the tour.
- Breakdown prior to 4pm is not permitted.
- Volunteers will be on premises to assist.
- Liability waiver, NC Sales Tax ID, and proof of liability insurance is required
UPATE: There were a few requirements, small fee, personal insurance, and a Tax ID#. Please note, The insurance is no longer needed for the individual artists to purchase, however, there will be a waiver of liability to be signed. Please see attached info.
WFGA Members Showcase
July 16th, 2017 11am – 4pm
Renaissance Centre Arts Annex
This show is free to WFGA members and is non juried. This show will be our 2nd annual event and is a wonderful opportunity for community outreach and networking. We had 200+ visitors last year.
Stay tuned for registration/more info, etc.
WFGA Art Show & Sale
November 12th, 2017 11am – 4pm
Renaissance Centre Arts Annex
This show will be fee based. $35 for WFGA members and $50 for non members. WFGA members will be given priority. At this time, this is not a juried entry, however, there will be awards.
This is a show and sale and artists are welcome to sell their work during event. Stay tuned for registration/ more info, etc.
The Wake Forest Guild of Artist members have been afforded the opportunity to display their artwork at WakeMed North.
In order to facilitate our participation according to WakeMed’s requirements, you are asked to complete the following application form. You will need to have 3 images ready to upload as samples of your work for consideration. These do not need to be the actual works of art to be on display but do need to be representative of the work you wish to display. The specific technical requirements are 100-300 dpi and between 1 and 5 MB for each image.
Bonnie Becker will be assisting WakeMed to set up the exhibitions.