Juried Arts Exhibition at Ollies
Call For Artists – Deadline April 29, 2018
Sugar Magnolia Cafe
Greetings Wake Forest Art Guild Members,As you may know, we display local artist artwork at Sugar Magnolia Cafe’ & Emporium on a commission basis in our cafe’, dining room, Emporium Enterance and on the Emporium walls. We’re finding that shoppers are looking for smaller pieces and most pieces that sell are under $100.00. The purpose of hanging local art is to show and sell your art, so we are looking for a few new artists to bring in about 4 pieces, with wires or saw tooth hooks to be hung and sold at Sugar Magnolia with a 25% consignment fee.We are expanding our “workshop” space for teaching classes in order to give a place for more local artists or groups to use. If you are also looking for a working space to work, display, sell and teach from, we are rearranging an can accommodate 2-3 artists and also have opportunity for co-op. There is pop up space during all the street events and rental space to artisans also.We have been enjoying meeting so many artists, musicians, and community leaders and are continuing to talk to our visitors to see what people are looking for. Making great efforts to give people “entertainment” downtown and preparing for its growth with all the new building and shops going in.Please email with photos and links if you are interested in showing your work, teaching classes, or renting a space.
Renaissance Centre Rotating Exhibit
The new renovated space has generous hanging systems so we will be able to accommodate up to 5 to 6 artists per show with 5 paintings each. Email email@example.com to rsvp.
- Bring business cards or postcards to leave in display bookcase
- Bring tags for each work
- All art must be ready to be hung – Wire back preferred.
- Themes are open to interpretation but are meant to keep some cohesion through exhibit.
- For 3D /jewelry artists, there will be a case available…please contact Jeanne Steck firstname.lastname@example.org
- Artists must be responsible for their own drop off and pick up. The RC can not store art.
- The Renaissance Centre is a mix use facility hosting business, entertainment, and community functions. The Centre has the right to refuse any works they deem not appropriate for the public space.
- Artists are asked to volunteer to help install a show…NOT their own please.
The Wake Forest Guild of Artist members have been afforded the opportunity to display their artwork at WakeMed North.
In order to facilitate our participation according to WakeMed’s requirements, you are asked to complete the following application form. You will need to have 3 images ready to upload as samples of your work for consideration. These do not need to be the actual works of art to be on display but do need to be representative of the work you wish to display. The specific technical requirements are 100-300 dpi and between 1 and 5 MB for each image.
Margaret Roth is our liason with Wake Med to set up the exhibitions.