Autumn Art Market
presented by the Wake Forest Guild of Artists
Date/time of Show: October 29th 11am to 4pm
Date/time of Set Up: October 28th 1pm to 4pm
Date/time of Take Down: October 29th beginning after 4pm
Format of show and requirements:
- This will be an opportunity for artists to exhibit their work and sell to the public.
- Artists will be given floor and wall space in a “market place” set up.
approximate space per artist will be 4″x 6″
- Artists will be able to sell work from inside the Renaissance Centre.
- Artists must provide a NC Sales tax ID number with application
- Artists may display originals, Prints, cards, etc.
- Artists are responsible for the set up and break down of their own display
- Artists must provide their own space dividers if they wish to have them.
- Artists are not allowed to take their art down before 4pm on Sunday October 29th.
- Please arrive no later than 10:45am on Sunday October 29th.
- Artists must provide two high quality images (jpeg) for promotional use in print and online.
This will be a first come/first serve sign up… Deadline for Entry is September 10th. However, after August 29th, any open spaces will
be offered to non-wfga artists. There will be approximately 16 spots available.
Limited spaces still available. Apply by September 30 to be included in the catalog .
Fee: WFGA artist $35 Non-WFGA artist $50
You will receive the link and instructions to pay when your application is accepted. So after you send in your application please keep an eye out for an email from the guild.
Your space is not confirmed until application, images, and payment have been received by WFGA.
Please email your completed application and images to the following address:
2017 Wake Forest Guild of Artists Fall Art Market
2017 WFGA Registered Artist? Yes No
NC Tax ID # ______________________
Title of Image #1 _________________________________________
Title of Image #2_________________________________________
Brief Art Statement
2-3 sentences about the art you will bring to the art market
Any other place your art is on display (optional)
Volunteer interests (mark all that apply)
Help set up/take down outdoor signage day of show
2017 Wake Forest Arts / Wake Forest Guild of Artists Showcase Hosted by the Renaissance Centre -Art Annex 405 South Brooks Street, Wake Forest, NC 27587
Dates / Times: Saturday, July 22nd – Showcase set up 1pm – 4pm Sunday, July 23th – Showcase 10am -4pm Sunday, July 23th – Showcase take down 4pm -5pm
For those with participating in the Renaissance Centre rotating exhibit – Renaissance Centre exhibit “Animals” take down Saturday, July 22nd 12pm – 1pm Renaissance Centre exhibit “Abstracts” installment Sunday, July 23rd starting approx 4:30pm
Purpose: To connect the community of Wake Forest with area artists and introduce the public to the impressive variety of fine art available locally.
- Exhibition space for the artists will be equivalent portions of the art annex. Please plan for approximately 6’ of linear space to hang your art. The location of your space within the annex will be predetermined before the show. 3D artists will also have pre-set space allowances. 3D and Jewelry artists, please plan for 32” x 17” table top space.
- Display space will be either wall space using the RC wall system, table top space, hanging grid, or a display case.
- Artists are responsible for the care and transportation of their own work. The RC will not store art.
- There will be an area available for promotional material. You may bring business cards and post cards for display. Please do not bring anything bigger than a 8.5” x 5.5”.
This showcase is only open to current artists of the WFGA. Art to exhibit: This is a public building and the Wake Forest Arts, WFGA and/ or Renaissance Centre has the right to ask that any images that could be considered not appropriate to be removed. Please bring only original artwork. Artwork must be professionally finished and ready to display. For example ( paintings with wire backs either framed or with painted edges).
Blank WFGA art tags will be provided at the set up for labeling.
Art Sales: The Renaissance Centre is hosting this show at no cost to Wake Forest Arts or the WFGA, therefore, we will not be conducting sales inside the building during the show hours. However, all artists are encouraged to be in attendance, to greet potential clients, as well as have art clearly marked with contact information. The purpose of the show is to take time to speak to the public and answer any questions about your art or your process. Arrangements for sales off-property and client follow up are encouraged.
Since this is an opportunity to reach out to the public, artists are expected to be in attendance. The day should be busy since the Wake Forest Food Truck Rodeo will be 12pm -4pm in the adjacent parking lot. There hopefully will be a lot of foot traffic. Please be aware that on Sunday, parking in front of the building will be very limited, however, there is ample parking across the street and along the block
Please consider volunteering. These shows are made better by the people involved.
Volunteer to help make this a great show!
Renaissance Centre Rotating Exhibit
The new renovated space has generous hanging systems so we will be able to accommodate up to 5 to 6 artists per show with 5 paintings each. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to rsvp.
- Bring business cards or postcards to leave in display bookcase
- Bring tags for each work
- All art must be ready to be hung – Wire back preferred.
- Themes are open to interpretation but are meant to keep some cohesion through exhibit.
- For 3D /jewelry artists, there will be a case available…please contact Jeanne Steck email@example.com
- Artists must be responsible for their own drop off and pick up. The RC can not store art.
- The Renaissance Centre is a mix use facility hosting business, entertainment, and community functions. The Centre has the right to refuse any works they deem not appropriate for the public space.
- Artists are asked to volunteer to help install a show…NOT their own please.
Schedule to date (subject to change)
May 5th – July 15th
May 5th: Pick Up March-May Art and Drop Off May-July art 10am – 3pm
July 17th – Sept 8th
July 22th Pick Up May-July art at WFGA Showcase set up 11am -12pm
July 23rd Set up July-Sept art After WFGA Showcase 4pm-5pm
Sept 8th – Nov 11 Last show of 2017
Theme: Autumn Seasonal
Sept 8th Pick Up July-Sept Art and Drop Off Sept-Nov art 10am -3pm
Pick Up Sept-Nov art Nov 11th 11am – 12pm at WFGA Show & Sale Set up
The Wake Forest Guild of Artist members have been afforded the opportunity to display their artwork at WakeMed North.
In order to facilitate our participation according to WakeMed’s requirements, you are asked to complete the following application form. You will need to have 3 images ready to upload as samples of your work for consideration. These do not need to be the actual works of art to be on display but do need to be representative of the work you wish to display. The specific technical requirements are 100-300 dpi and between 1 and 5 MB for each image.
Bonnie Becker will be assisting WakeMed to set up the exhibitions. The exhibits for 2017 are scheduled. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in 2018.